Sunday, May 12, 2013

The beginning of a beautiful thing

IT'S COMING!!!

Tonight I fly out to North Carolina..
To finally meet my birth parents.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious.
I've had a ton of mixed reactions when people found out I was actually going. 
Most are excited for me, 
Some are anxious for me, 
And some just don't understand why. 

I am so thankful most of my family are happy for me. I think my brother is the most nervous for me, he being adopted too, has a ton of reservations. Some for me, and some for his self. He tells me blood doesn't make you family, love does. He is right. To me that doesn't mean that I cannot have a relationship with my biological family. My brother will always be my brother, no matter what happens. 
 Wish me luck, I'm ready to start a new chapter! 

Search